Publishing stories of fascinating Prairie People and Unsung Heroes

Welcome to the blog of Deana Driver - author, editor, and publisher of DriverWorks Ink, a book publishing company based in Saskatchewan. We publish stories of inspiring, fascinating Prairie people and unsung Canadian heroes - written by Prairie authors including Deana Driver. We also publish genres of healing and wellness, humour, children's fiction, and rural poetry. Visit our website to learn more about our books.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

My Pens from Europe - 1

Last year, Al and I took the vacation of our dreams and explored nine countries and one municipality on our first trip to Europe. We saw parts of Austria, Italy, France, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Germany, and Monaco. (Notice I said 'first trip', because we definitely plan to go back to Europe and do more exploring.)

We took a copy of the Never Leave Your Wingman book that I wrote with us to Europe, and the book has blogged about all the wonderful adventures we had. We have memories of the trip in photos and in other ways, too. We didn't want to buy a lot of things that we'd have to carry with us from country to country, so this is what I purchased as the first souvenir of our trip:


... a pen from Grossglockner National Park in Austria.

It seemed only right from that point on that I should continue buying a pen from each community or country that we visited - if we could find a pen specific to that place. My sister in Edmonton suggested that I write with each pen to show you how they work (or don't work), so here's my penned note about the Grossglockner pen:



Here's my pen from Austria:


 The word 'Austria' floats up and down as you tip the pen. Pretty cool.


Next stop was Florence, Italy...




... and Venice. The gondola moves, too!





We visited the Leaning Tower of Pisa - one of the wonders of the world!


We went to other parts of Italy, then on to Nice, France.





One of our favourite days was spent in Monaco.




So those are my pens from the first part of our Europe adventure. 






No comments:

Post a Comment